- Support the shipping department by performing all required daily shipping transactions utilizing LN system.
- Schedule freight pick-ups with carriers or messenger services.
- Process required small parcel shipments via UPS and Fed Ex.
- Separate sales order releases, generate outbounds, prepare labels and other special documents as required by the sales order or customer.
- Process shipment lines, prepare bills of lading, print packing slips.
- Maintain shipping files, create and update spreadsheets and maintain customer routing history.
- Communicate via phone and email with Rolling Meadows (corporate) and Plant departments daily.
- Special projects and other assigned tasks.
- Answer telephones.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have 3 years prior clerical experience in a shipping capacity.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. ERP software experience a definite plus.
- Detail-oriented with solid communication skills.
- Available and willing to work a flexible work schedule based on workload. This means start and stop time may change as workload changes.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Telecommuting program (after 6 months)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.