Associate Tooling Engineer
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at the Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
This position will contribute to activities of Injection Molding Tooling/Molding: design, construction, launch, and validation. The associate Tooling Engineer will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team and grow within the role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates tooling/engineering activities in the design and construction of new tools and modifying existing tools. Works closely with the Technical Manager – Molding, on project plans.
- Hands on participation in new part designs and determine the most cost-effective method to produce the part and define tooling requirements.
- Consults internally on injection molded projects.
- Creates mold building specification sheets stating custom mold building specifications and requirements.
- Writes requests for tooling quotations (RFQ’s) from vendors. Formats financial quotation summaries from multiple vendors for internal review.
- Assure that vendors keep within budget and timing constraints on projects.
- Participates in approving injection molding tool designs. Acquire experience as you learn.
- Assure that vendors incorporate approved design in injection molding tool construction.
- Coordinate and upkeep RTC’s internal database of tooling assets.
- Travel to vendors domestically and in internationally to evaluate progress, construction, and performance of RTC’s tools.
- Travel to local vendors to evaluate completed injection molding tool performance and product conformity.
- Provides detailed reports and project summaries for all tooling programs.
- Participate in optimizing injection molding processing and working with the team as issues present themselves.
- Assists in the development of tooling sources and continuously improves existing suppliers by working with the Technical Manager, Purchasing and Estimating departments.
- 2-3 years of technical experience with Injection molding tooling and processes.
- Technical knowledge in injection mold design and molding process is strongly desired.
- Experience with engineering resins.
- Degree or proven experience will be required.
- Quality Assurance experience in injection molding is a plus. The ability to interpret engineering drawings will be needed.
- Moderate technical knowledge of injection molding principles.
- Tooling debugging skills are a plus.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to effectively participate in corporate office meetings both in person and on Zoom.
- The ideal candidate should possess a technical aptitude and curiosity for all things plastic injection molded to grow within the team. Technically negotiate and understand the financials involved in each project.
- Knowledge of software such as SolidWorks, Auto Cad, IGES and step file format. Must be proficient in MS Office.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.