Assistant Shipping Supervisor
- Responsible for overseeing all daily dock shipping activities
- Supervise shipping forklift driver and material handlers.
- Coordinate timely pulling and staging of all outbound orders to ship daily, working closely with the internal warehouse department.
- Work closely with warehouse and internal departments on shortages and order changes.
- Coordinate packing and loading of all shipments.
- Work closely with the internal shipping department on OTR driver and trailer coordination and pickups.
- Monitor the carrier’s drivers, time of arrival and assure that pick-up time are met.
- Involvement in daily meetings to review current and future order requirements.
- Involvement in the continuous development of process improvements and productivity enhancements.
- Support and enforce the 5-S sanitation process within the shipping department.
- Monitor staffing levels to meet daily shipping requirements.
- Reports to the Shipping Manager
- Works closely with all Shipping, Warehousing, and Production Personnel
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a larger-scaled warehouse, either supervising the warehouse picking, shipping, or receiving function.
- Experience with barcode solutions in a warehouse or plant environment a plus.
- Experience with MRP/ERP system
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example and cultivate a positive work environment.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and have good follow up skills.
- Detail-oriented; with the ability to communicator effectively (written and verbal)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
- A strong self-motivator with the desire to learn
It is RTC’s mission to create employment opportunities for individuals that might be traditionally excluded or underrepresented in mainstream employment. Veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.