Assistant Production Supervisor
- Responsible for the effective and safe utilization of the workforce in the production department, and for the effective use and maintenance of all manufacturing facilities associated with the production department.
- Utilize all resources available to produce necessary product with the least cost to the company. Effectively prioritize and manage time/resources for maximum productivity and accuracy.
- Supervise, train monitor, and discipline department personnel. Handle conflict effectively.
- Review bills of material and shop orders for accuracy.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft applications, e-mail, ERP, etc.
- Identify problems, find workable solutions , use good judgment in making timely effective decisions, accept responsibility for consequences and learn from mistakes.
- Evaluate and recommend changes/improvements in manufacturing and production operations. “Think outside the box”.
- Work with the Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager to ensure production orders/sales orders are completed on a timely basis while maintaining quality.
- Good communication within department and within other departments. Must be a team player to accomplish RTC’s goals, supports a changing environment with an open minded, positive spirit.
- Represents RTC in a professional manner by demonstrating considerate and respectful behavior.
- Record performance metrics and assure performance boards are updated routinely.
- Ensure direct and indirect labor is reported accurately and promptly for payroll and cost accounting purposes.
- Responsible for safety and set 5S standards in the department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree in manufacturing, engineering or business, and/or 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills, in particular, Microsoft Office (Intermediate to Advanced in Excel). Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Strong communication and multitasking skills.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.