Assistant Production Supervisor
- Effective utilization of the workforce in the production area assigned.
- Utilize all resources available to produce necessary product with the least cost to the company.
- Effectively prioritize and manage time/resources for maximum productivity and accuracy.
- Supervise, train and monitors department personnel. Handle conflict effectively.
- Review bills of material and shop orders for accuracy.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft applications, e-mail, ERP, etc.
- Identify problems, informs appropriate departments and works together to find workable solutions. Learns from mistakes.
- Solve problems and implement changes on methods and process improvements which will decrease cycle times and increase the efficiency of setups.
- Program, operate and troubleshoot machines without assistance. through process improvements.
- Recommends improvements in manufacturing and production operations
- Follows production schedules to ensure production orders are completed on a timely basis.
- Coordinates production jobs for efficiency and analyzes production priorities.
- Return to stock material is being counted correctly and properly identified.
- Good communication within department and within other departments. Must be a team player.
- Represents RTC in a professional manner by demonstrating considerate and respectful behavior.
- Ensure direct and indirect labor is reported accurately and promptly for payroll and cost accounting purposes.
- Responsible for safety and set 5S standards in the department.
- Degree in manufacturing, engineering or business, and/or 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills, in particular, Microsoft Office (Intermediate to Advanced in Excel). Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Experience working in a machining / production environment with machine programming knowledge.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Must work well with all Associates in a team environment.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.