Applications Development Lead
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option)!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at the Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
The Applications Development Lead will development team responsible for the full stack creation and support of internal and customer-facing custom web applications and console applications. The Lead prioritizes and assigns work, solves complex business and technical problems, and drives innovation within the team and application portfolio. This position is a hands-on role that will require excellent communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills, and a strong customer focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads meetings with internal and external clients to understand needs and gather requirements. Works with the team to design solutions to complex and data-intensive business problems.
- Prioritizes new development and maintenance work for the team. Sets strategy and prepares project plans and budget estimates for new projects.
- Ensures application performance and reliability with thorough testing and monitoring.
- Maintains and supports existing application portfolio, including managing technical debt, driving standardization and reuse, and retiring obsolete applications.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving problem tickets when needed.
- Drives innovation with the implementation of new and existing technologies, services, and platforms to improve productivity and reliability. Mentors associates, and implements training and development plans to enhance and challenge the team.
- Provides technical leadership and input on the overall design and scalability of solutions. Leverages strong technical and data skills, with strong knowledge of Internet Information Services (IIS), .NET CORE and MVC framework, database design, PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers, and data management concepts and tools.
- Ensures that all code meets security best practices and complies with cybersecurity policies.
- Reports to the Vice President, IT.
- Interacts with company leadership and internal resources in Account Services, Accounting, and Shipping and Warehousing.
- Represents RTC with external customers when designing, prototyping, and delivering custom applications.
- Leads 4 developers and outside resources when needed.
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technology-related degree, or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of demonstrated managerial and leadership experience in an information technology role.
- 5+ years experience with Oracle databases, stored procedures and triggers, and PL/SQL or equivalent.
- Strong data and analytical skills, ability to understand complex data relationships and solve complex business problems.
- Experience meeting with internal and external clients to understand needs and design solutions, building and executing project plans leading to on-time, on-budget implementations.
- Experience designing and developing web applications, including user interface design, database interactions, and customized reporting.
- Strong understanding of and practical use of application and web security concepts, including identity and authentication using SAML and MFA, OWASP Top 10, and application code scanning.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex challenges and deal with high-pressure situations.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.