Supervise the daily activities of the warehouse material handlers to ensure prompt, accurate, and safe material distribution and storage on a daily basis.
- Assist with preparation of picking documents and distribute pick sheets to the material handlers.
- Closely monitor the material handler’s during the picking process as workload requires.
- Track and report on accuracy and efficiency of each position picking warehouse orders.
- Assign and monitor material handlers as needed to both replenish and put away excess production material as well as finished goods.
- Ensure reach truck, forklift and PE equipment operators are properly trained and certified to safely operate the equipment they utilize.
- Support and oversee special material movement projects as needed.
- Monitor and resolve issues found in warehouse location reports.
- Ensure standard procedures are followed by warehouse personnel.
- Monitor equipment and work with vendors to have equipment fixed/maintained to avoid down time
- Assist with new procedural implementations such as the new barcoding implementation about to launch.
- Assist with staggered shift supervision coverage by being here early to start the early material handlers.
- Provide constant and continuous training needed to temporary material handlers.
- Assist in monitoring, editing and reporting temp material handler payroll transactions weekly.
- Provide close floor supervision to the receiving area to ensure material receipt flows smoothly.
- Ensure that required inbound materials are expedited to proper plant locations as identified upon receipt.
- Assist in the supervision of temporary receiving personnel assigned to unloading inbound containers. (Floor Loaded)
- Reports to Warehouse Manager.
- Works closely with all personnel in plant departments.
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements:
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent. College degree preferred.
Must have 2-3 years warehouse supervisor experience and RF and barcode inventory experience is a big plus.
Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication skills and follow-through skills. Be a team player, a problem solver with strong computer skills and a strong knowledge of Microsoft-Excel. Possess a solid knowledge of general warehousing and inventory functions.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.