Vice President-Information Technology
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Contribute as part of the Leadership Team to business strategies, initiatives and goals ensuring best IT practices and continued collaboration between IT and business groups.
- Lead IT planning, functions and solutions. Introduce new ideas, contemporary thinking, and best IT practices. Maintain and build upon organizational effectiveness by defining, delivering and supporting information technologies.
- Plan, manage and implement small to large IT projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Manage global ERP implementations and updates to ensure RTC is operating on the most current version of LN. Lead LN enhancements to improve operating efficiency and Associate productivity.
- Manage custom development through all phases of end user design, programming, installation and operations. Lead product development, viability/testing and implementation aligning with business priorities.
- Maintain and manage all IT infrastructure systems to ensure smooth operations and minimal downtime.
- Develop and implement appropriate security for all data, to include back ups and a well-conceived Disaster Recovery Plan. Ensure the security of RTC proprietary information and the security of the IT infrastructure. Develop and implement a comprehensive data restoration testing to ensure RTC is prepared for a catastrophic disaster.
- Develop and implement system and control processes and policies.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a talented group of IT professionals in a team-oriented, collaborative and mutually-respectful environment.
- Develop annual IT initiatives and collaborate with IT Associates to set annual objectives and perform regular assessments.
- Prioritize departmental work, evaluate the training needs of Associates, manage career development and performance planning and ensure world class customer service from the IT staff. In addition to coaching and developing the team, this position will ensure a succession planning approach is undertaken to challenge staff to improve and grow in their positions. The overarching goal is support of client needs, with daily assistance for end users.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and results oriented. Responsible for the delivery of IT projects, on-time and within budget.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management skills and keen attention to detail
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with RTC’s leaders and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Ability to react to, and effectively manage through, changing priorities with poise.
- Work with IT staff to evaluate the computer training needs of all RTC Associates and ensure a successful training program is in place for new and existing RTC Associates.
- Implement a vendor management program to ensure that all contracts are approved by senior management and managed according to the terms of the agreements. Anticipate expiration dates and react accordingly. Competitively bid all material purchases.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Participate in the annual IT operating and capital budget process.
- Accomplish financial objectives through financial projections and evaluating trends and planning accordingly for enhancements and delivery of current/future projects.
- Learn the business of RTC, including the products and services offered by the company, the sales cycle and the processes that currently exist within the organization. Understand the technology needs of each segment of the business, clients and the various locations.
- Present clients with required information on our computer system and how clients’ needs are met with our system.
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer and supervises a staff of 14 IT Associates.
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business; MBA and/or a Master’s degree is a plus
- 15+ years of business experience in roles of increasing levels of responsibility and management oversight, ideally with a mix of IT and business roles.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership position with a successful track record in project and resource management.
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development.
- Working knowledge of applications development, ERP systems (preferably LN), infrastructure, including security, risk analysis and database management.
- Working knowledge of business operations in a manufacturing environment or distribution company.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including a balanced record of applications and infrastructure achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues.
- Must be able to travel to US and international offices as needed to provide support and implement IT solutions.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.