RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales Tax reconciliation and return preparation.
- Prepare monthly sub ledger (Avalara) -to-general ledger reconciliation of sales and use tax accounts.
- Prepare reconciled tax data for submission to outsourced return filing partner and validate return confirmations and prepare payment detail for posting in LN (ERP System).
- Maintain communication with external vendors to insure accurate reporting and timely support responses.
- Monthly reconciliation of tax liability ledger accounts and preparation for year end internal audits.
- Review vendor invoices for potential use tax liability.
- Generate and reformat tax detail reports per client requests.
2. Support the Sales Tax Audit process, requests from various state and local jurisdictions, and support of client inquires.
- Lead discussions with external auditors to resolve outstanding inquires and present the company’s position in a comprehensive and professional manner.
- Post-audit reviews of company tax policies and treatments to reduce liability exposure and audit risk.
- Respond to notices from various tax authorities.
- Complete annual nexus updates with assistance from outside SALT advisors.
- Coordinate verbal and written communication with taxing authorities.
- Assist with tax estimates for Account Services requests.
3. Process and systems development support for Tax related software and modules.
- Support Avalara tax software maintenance and updates, and transition to Vertex software in 2022.
- Manage open cases with Avalara support services.
- Become subject matter expert on sales tax software and its application to the invoicing module of LN (ERP SYSTEM).
- Assist with implementation of various tax related aspects of the LN upgrade and become the ongoing SME for the LN tax module.
4. Research of sales tax issues.
- Review new products and services, setup items in LN with the appropriate tax rates.
- Ensure client tax compliance is preserved through routine review and validation of resale exemption certificates. Maintain and update certificate library and validate new customer exemption claims.
5. Income Tax & Other.
- Research & Development Credit Support.
- Preparation of schedules for the external tax team.
- Maintain Tax Calendar of due dates for Income Tax extensions, payments, filings, and multiple state licenses and other reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in general ledger accounting, and financial reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of sales tax exemptions, state rules, and sales tax calculations.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Good inter-personal skills, ability to collaborate and work towards goals.
- Proficiency in tax software (Avalara, Vertex, etc.).
- Working knowledge of an ERP software.
- Knowledge of taxability rules.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.