Sr. National Account Manager
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option)!
- Hybrid work-from-home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & all 3 plant locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Professionally represent a product line that is paramount to merchandising standards for many of the largest brands and retailors in the world.
- Assess competitive positioning and develop, and refine, client specific strategies.
- Advanced P&L experience with emphasis on cost of goods sold.
- Develop, maintain, and expand business relationships with existing assigned clients.
- Timely and concise effective internal and external call reports
- Hands on approach of not only selling the product but understanding the product.
- Be a student of retail environments with a focus on beverage by visiting stores, participating in retail resets and reading relevant publications.
- Represent RTC at client locations. This could entail product demonstrations, project-related meetings, installations, or any other direct client activity in the field or at their facilities.
Degree preferred, or relevant experience
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
- Proven sales and account management experience that demonstrates excellent relationship building and fact-based selling abilities.
- Comfort in selling high value product solutions to varying audiences (entry level to C-Suite)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with co-workers and clients at all organizational levels
- Advanced negotiation skills including experience with RFP’s.
- Experience with CPG retail or national brand accounts
- Experienced Account Manager with the ability to assess current client strategies and adjust when needed to meet client or market conditions.
- Embrace clients merchandising challenges with creative and fresh idea problem-solving.
- Reacts with the sense of urgency required to satisfy demanding retail and brand clients.
- Comfortable working from a remote office
- Ability to travel to meet with domestic customers in-person.
- Physically able to participate in store resets and lifting up to 30lbs.
- 10 years of experience in CPG industry
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status veteran status, religion, or any other basis prohibited by law.