Sr. Industrial Designer
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Work with clients and account managers to help define an accurate design brief
- Generate high-quality visualizations that provide clarity for clients and motivate them to choose RTC solutions.
- Detail your ideas to support estimating and project planning.
- Create component level drawings to guide engineering and prototyping.
- Leads and/or participate in client presentations and action feedback.
- Build low resolution prototypes and volume studies.
- Co-ordinate design development in collaboration with project managers.
- Opportunity to develop mentoring skills.
- Work to build out your knowledge of production materials & processes, retail design trends in target sectors and updates in design technologies.
- Attend available seminars as required.
- Reports to: Global Creative Director
- Manages: None
- Key Internal Contacts: Account teams, Project Management, Model Shop, Engineering, Planning and Estimating.
- Key External Contacts: Clients, Vendors.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
- Experience: 7+ years of expereince working in the POP, Retail or Furniture design industry.
- Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of Wood, Metals and Plastic material sets and associated manufacturing processes including thermoforming, manual fabrication, construction and finishing.
- Skills: Mechanical mindset; organized to work independently; able to juggle and set priorities; flexible and collaborative with good communication skills; problem-solving initiative, basic engineering.
- Software Skills: Proficiency in SolidWorks and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience with SketchUp and/or 3D Studio Max a plus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Detail & accuracy oriented.
- Reliable delivery against deadlines.
- Innovative, over-delivery mindset.
- Self-initiated and communicative.
- Curious, pro-active and open minded.
- Collaborative, open to direction and feedback.
- Works independently, setting and adjusting priorities on a daily basis, advising supervisor of any problems or concerns.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.