Sr. Global Sourcing Specialist
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Conduct supplier research, identification and screening to identify appropriate potential vendor partners internationally.
- Prepare spend reports, participate in analysis and strategy development.
- Assess supplier capabilities and recommend prospective suppliers.
- Prepare supplier scorecards, assist with business reviews and corrective actions.
- Conduct risk assessment of supply partners, based on RTC proprietary vendor qualification program.
- Help drive results through the development of plans to optimize the global supply chain.
- Conduct total cost analysis to evaluate bids and sourcing options.
- Support the purchasing and estimating teams and others with supplier capability and capacity information, communication and other info or assistance.
- Prepare bid requests and obtain bids from appropriate suppliers.
- Collect, maintain, and distribute sourcing data.
- Negotiate cost, terms, lead times, rebates, etc. Track and report results.
- Compile performance metrics; participate in developing strategies to address findings and set goals for improvement.
- Assist with cost recovery.
- Act as supplier liaison for conflict resolution, problem-solving, and relationship management.
- Ensure all Quality Assurance and Compliance guidelines are adhered to.
- Factor shipping cost and lead time of various sourcing options into supplier recommendations and buying plans.
- Ensure all import and export regulations are adhered to.
- Participate, as needed, in the customer RFP review process.
- Other work as required.
Bachelor degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain or a related field
- Three to five years of working experience in sourcing or purchasing field.
- Excellent communication skills are required and bi-lingual in Mandarin is a plus.
- Expereince working with international logistics.
- Ability to analyze data to make sound decisions on suitability and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Creative thinker with the ability to deliver “out of the box” solutions.
- Capable of managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and personal organization skills.
- Ability to travel, domestic and international, as needed.