Sr. Buyer (Injection Molding)
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability.
- Works with cross-functional teams to develop raw material planning strategies and processes.
- Lead and oversee strategic supplier negotiations, create supply strategies, and implement recommendations provided.
- Negotiate and ensure uninterrupted supply of materials for assigned projects as well as materials meet required quality and cost parameters.
- Administer purchase agreements dealing with confidential and proprietary information; must be knowledgeable of laws for handling such information.
- Lead and implement projects and action plans through the development of dependable and competitive suppliers.
- Identify and reduce long lead times in the system by utilizing material strategies with suppliers.
- Introduce performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors.
- Recommends alternate processes for manufacturing or materials used to improve costs, quality, lead time, or overall value.
- Assists Estimating Department in preparation of estimates, as required.
- Offers training, knowledge, and assistance to other purchasing personnel, as well as other RTC Associates.
- Special projects as assigned or required.
Bachelor’s Degree (in a business-related field)
- 7-10 years experience in domestic direct purchasing. Experience working within injection molding or resin procurement preferred.
- Depth of knowledge of global market conditions and the impact on the specific cost drivers of those products under their responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of Demand Management and Replenishment principles and tools (Kanban, etc.) and the ability to execute such principles.
- Solid project management skills to facilitate and complete Project objectives on schedule, achieving required results.
- Persuasive negotiation skills required, striving for the best results related to cost, quality, and customer shipping requirements.
- Knowledge in Operations/Business System software and the ability to analyze data to support business requirements. Strong Excel skills required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
- Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.