PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads strategic (domestic and offshore) supplier negotiations, creates supply strategies, implements recommendations.
- Establishes and communicates performance expectations and general requirements to suppliers.
- Initiates and analyzes competitive quote requests, prepares and submits results and recommendations.
- Procure products within assigned planner codes in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Use knowledge of technical requirements and market conditions to negotiate best price while meeting all other specifications.
- Administer purchase agreements dealing with confidential and proprietary information; must be knowledgeable of laws for handling such information.
- Evaluate and provide performance data to existing suppliers, including quality and on-time delivery.
- Create and follow up on formal corrective actions sent to suppliers.
- Participate in production meetings to review supplier requirements.
- Perform Quarterly Business Review (QBRs) with key suppliers as required.
- Participate in cost reduction and business improvement teams as required.
- Provide training to new and lower level buyers on all aspects of purchasing.
- Review and act upon commodity trends to ensure suppliers are adjusting cost accordingly.
- Negotiate best value with suppliers. Perform materials quotation for prices and delivery.
- Identify and reduce long lead times in the system by utilizing material strategies with suppliers.
- Review daily MRP exception message, purchase order status, order action reports and take appropriate action. Must know when/where to buy goods and services.
- Resolve material price variances.
- Identify alternate solutions for obsolete components and work with engineering for approval.
- Ensure timely delivery of products to support manufacturing.
- Develop new/better/alternate sources of supply to reduce the supplier base.
- Identifies and supports qualification of new sources of supply.
- Proactively resolves invoice discrepancies and nonconforming material disposition.
- Recommends alternate processes for manufacturing or materials used in order to improve costs, quality, lead time, or overall value.
- Performs actual vs. estimate cost analysis as needed or required.
- Maintains data in LN System as needed
- Assists Estimating Department in preparation of estimates, as required.
- Attends kick-off meetings as needed or required
- Offers training, knowledge, and assistance to other purchasing personnel, as well as other RTC Associates.
- Special projects as assigned or required
- Maintain purchasing data in computer system so that it is always current.
- Resolve problems that occur periodically with suppliers.
- Maintain appropriate lead times, minimums and multiples and vendor information for all assigned parts in the system.
- Perform other assignments as required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (in a business-related field); or
Experience: 10 years’ experience in domestic direct purchasing. Experience working with an offshore supply base, primarily within (but not limited to) China and Taiwan.
Skills: Organized, takes initiative, detail oriented. Problem solver with very good communication skills.
- Expertise in offshore (Asia, Europe, Pacific Rim) sourcing and supply chain management of bulk components and finished goods.
- Depth of knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under his/her responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of Demand Management and Replenishment principles and tools (Kanban, etc.) and the ability to execute such principles.
- Strong project management skills to facilitate and complete Project objectives on schedule, achieving required results.
- Proven negotiation skills, striving for best results related to cost, quality, and customer shipping requirements.
- Knowledge of Operations/Business System software and the ability to analyze data to support business requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
- Works independently – leads projects as appropriate or required.
- Good organizational, planning, and decision-making skills.
- Domestic/Offshore travel as needed or required.
- Understands the implications of business decisions to both internal and external customers.
- High sense of urgency for key initiatives.
- Can handle occasional demanding situations.
- Takes responsibility for own actions & decisions.
- Strong business ethics and integrity.
- Identifies areas for improvement.
- Good collaborator
- Assertive while remaining respectful of others.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Telecommuting program (after 6 months)
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.