Shipping/ Receiving Clerk - 1st shift
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Coordinate delivery of received items for the purpose of ensuring timely and accurate delivery
- Verify shipment accuracy
- Load and unload trucks, vans and flatbed trailers by hand or with forklift
- Trace lost or missing shipments
- Authenticate receipt of shipments alongside bills of lading, invoices, or other records
- Enter receipts in LN
- Interact with associates for special KACE request or projects handling on the dock.
- Provide hours worked by temporary staff, by project.
- Provide work request Tickets for completed KACE request.
- Keep log of all outgoing shipments
- Make custom boxes for high profile accounts (special packaging). Construct custom crates, pallets and boxes
- Process and deliver all incoming U.S. mail, FedEx, UPS and messenger shipments
- Pack, label, process and ship all outgoing letters, packages, and finished production and prototype material
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Must be able to follow directions
- Maintain cleanliness of dock and warehouse areas
- Room set ups and tear downs
- Set up for large company functions such as barbecues, Town Meetings and client visits
- Drive company van to pick up and deliver parts and material
- Assist with assembly and custom packing of finished goods
- Assist maintenance as needed
- Fabricate custom corrugated boxes and pallets
- Assemble and disassemble office furniture systems
- Assist in Receiving duties as needed.
- Physical requirements include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and sitting. Must be able to work while standing for extended periods. Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
- Technical requirements include ability to operate forklift, hand jacks and other material handling equipment; and demonstrated proficiency with small hand and power tools.
- Valid driver’s license required as this position will be tasked with driving the company van.
- Basic computer skills including data entry and Excel
- Customer service mentality
- Proficient in responsiveness to requests on time.
- Proficient in reporting the status of projects immediately.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.