- Monitor open order report daily, weekly and monthly for future, current and past due shipments and ensure all necessary activities are in place to meet timelines and customer requirements.
- Review shipping reports and verify that all pending and posting issues are resolved.
- Fulfill requirements and questions from the sales department regarding outside shipments and/or suggested best shipping methods.
- Confer with managers internally and externally to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, warehousing, account services and account receivables are all in alignment with dates and deliverables.
- Research and negotiate freight rates, equipment needs, etc. with motor carriers.
- Set meetings with carriers to review rates and carrier's performance.
- Create and promote continuous improvement initiatives that include developing processes, performance measurements and tracking metrics.
- Responsible for being a 5S leader that is a strong advocate for safety.
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports while focusing on behaviors which drive results.
- Lead change through a positive and growth-oriented mindset.
- Consistently spend time on the docks and office area engaging with the team.
- Maintain accurate records on outgoing shipments.
- Promote RTC culture and vaules.
- Active involvement in daily production meetings.
- Responsible for recruiting new office and dock personnel.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Reports to the Manager of Warehouse and Logistics
- Works closely with Account Services, Project Management, Production and Warehousing.
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in operations management, logistics management or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Preferred 10+ years of experience in related field with 5+ years of prior supervisory/management experience. Experience with working in a union workforce environment a plus.
- Strong leadership, communication and multitasking skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and have good follow-up skills.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience with barcode solutions in a warehouse and plant environment is a plus.
It is RTC’s mission to create employment opportunities for individuals that might be traditionally excluded or underrepresented in mainstream employment. Veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.