Shipping Dock Lead
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Fitness Center available at Romeoville for all Plant Associates.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at both at all 3 plant locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Responsible for overseeing all daily dock shipping activities
- Supervise shipping forklift driver and material handlers.
- Coordinate timely pulling and staging of all outbound orders to ship daily, working closely with the internal warehouse department.
- Work closely with warehouse and internal departments on shortages and order changes.
- Coordinate packing and loading of all shipments.
- Work closely with the internal shipping department on OTR driver and trailer coordination and pickups.
- Monitor the carrier’s drivers, time of arrival and assure that pick-up time are met.
- Involvement in daily meetings to review current and future order requirements.
- Involvement in the continuous development of process improvements and productivity enhancements.
- Support and enforce the 5-S sanitation process within the shipping department.
- Monitor staffing levels to meet daily shipping requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a larger-scaled warehouse, either supervising the warehouse picking, shipping, or receiving function.
- Experience with barcode solutions in a warehouse or plant environment a plus.
- Experience with MRP/ERP system
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example and cultivate a positive work environment.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and have good follow up skills.
- Detail-oriented; with the ability to communicator effectively (written and verbal)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus
- A strong self-motivator with the desire to learn
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.
***Compensation is dependent on experience and based on internal grade scales and market data. The range for the position being offered is $39,727-56,370**