Regulatory Compliance Engineer
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the following:
- Compliance engineering including reviewing internal project goals, determination of applicable compliance standards, interpretation of standards, communication of requirements to appropriate development teams, and follow up with internal and external resources to ensure requirements are met before prototype or production.
- Integration of compliance requirements and testing protocols for production into company QA plans and procedures.
- Build overall awareness of compliance requirements by assisting with team briefings, process development, manufacturing site audits, and safety standards education throughout the organization.
- Participate in development team meetings to assess compliance requirements and create/communicate a plan for compliance. Create alignment of the development direction with applicable regulatory requirements and compliance processes.
- Negotiate and prepare cost and time estimates for compliance evaluation and testing from appropriate agencies including internal resources.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and sample submission packages. Initiate and manage NRTL (National Recognized Test Laboratory) projects.
- Timely follow-up with open NRTL contacts to ensure scheduled maintenance and budget control.
- Develop relationships with NRTL labs for domestic and international electrical and materials standards compliance.
- Build awareness of standards and an understanding of their application to design across the organization.
- Attend training seminars and ongoing educational functions to maintain best practices and knowledge of the most recent standards applicable to our products.
- Electrical engineering degree with minimum 5 years proven relevant NRTL and electrical safety standards experience.
- Significant knowledge in the determination of appropriate standards, understanding of those standards and their application to real-world design processes.
- Existing relationship with NRTL labs (in particular UL and Intertek/ETL) and a working understanding of their processes and procedures for opening projects, performing investigations, reporting, and inspections.
- Knowledge of standards and sub-standards related to LED lighting products, portable luminaires, commercial furnishings, and retail store signage.
- Ability to consistently achieve a high standard of quality and accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
- Strong investigative, research, and coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and confidently in highly technical subjects for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Relevant understanding of the product development process, materials, and production techniques used in retail store fixturing and signage applications.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement