Receiving Office Clerk
- Works with assigned Fork Lift Driver to oversee the unloading and staging of materials from delivery trucks.
- Checks the delivered purchased quantity against the system purchased quantity. Identifies RTC part numbers and verifies carton and skid quantities with vendor paper work. Labels material for incoming inspection.
- Inputs items delivered into LN and prepares receiving documentation including Goods Received Report, Tally Sheets, and Bills of Lading or Packing Lists prior to QA incoming inspection.
- Contacts RTC Purchasing when a discrepancy occurs between the delivery P.O. and the system P.O. Follow up with Purchasing on ongoing purchasing issues.
- Uses LN to direct disposition of parts to the warehouse or to production lines. Checks with production supervisors in case production dates in the system are not updated.
- Informs Materials Handlers which dock to use to unload.
- Coordinate deliveries from Asia by checking Asia packing lists on Lotus Notes database, scheduling and confirming deliveries with the trucking company, and advising the Receiving/QA manager of labor required to unload containers.
- Works with Account Services to tally all client returned material and have return sales orders entered. Then works with Quality Assurance to receive and disposition returned client material.
- Maintain / update the receiving on line inventory and working with Receiving Manager, Warehousing, or Purchasing on lingering issues.
- Maintain a file of all daily receipts and transfers of parts into receiving.
- Coordinate with the QA department to expedite “hot” material.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
- Special projects as assigned.
Reports to: Manager, Receiving and Quality
Key Internal Contacts: Purchasing, Account Services, Project Management, Production, Warehousing, Quality Assurance.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in shipping/receiving department.
Skills: Strong communication, detail oriented with strong follow through, team player, computer literate, including excel and data entry/typing skills.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Telecommuting program (after 6 months)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.