- Work with cross-departmental teams and manage the technology portion of Create display projects and programs.
- Work as part of the technology and lighting team to design, develop, and test new Ready products.
- Ensures successful completion of development projects, resolution of customer problems and implementation of engineered solutions based on internal and external customer feedback.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to organize and document work including Gantt charts, JIRA, Confluence and other appropriate tools.
- Perform testing of engineering samples and prototypes and prepare reports of the results suitable for both internal and customer presentation.
- Propose and implement technical product revisions, corrective actions, and work procedures to resolve design defects or enhance product quality and cost.
- Provide general technical support to individuals both in and out of the technology department as required.
- Bachelor's degree of Electrical Engineering or other relevant engineering field.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience
- 2D CAD for Illustrating wiring diagrams and cable assemblies per IPC-A-620
- Test and Measurement techniques for electronics and photometric performance
- Understanding of applicable UL standards for lighting products and commercial furnishings.
- Competent in technical report and specification writing with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Able to work independently in problem solving & analysis applying standard engineering techniques.
- Display discipline to fully document problem statement, observations, conclusions, calculations, and recommendations as well as sound problem-solving skills
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Telecommuting program (after 6 months)
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.