The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Oversight of all aspects of procurement to ensure timely, cost effective replenishment in accordance with client demand and targeted inventory levels.
- Manage and mentor a dynamic team of Buyers, providing leadership, direction and coaching while mentoring the actions of the department.
- Develop and implement an infrastructure that supports business strategies while driving continuous process improvements in on time delivery, cost savings, supplier/carrier productivity and management of third party relationships.
- Establish controls to assure that all data, documents and procedures are consistent with government regulations and import/export compliance.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with key suppliers, negotiating costs, contracts, lead times and payment terms.
- Liaise with key contacts in other functional areas including Sales, Project Management, Engineering and Warehouse personnel to ensure alignment of activities and objectives pertaining to stock levels, lead times for all raw materials and finished goods, and the utilization of the most cost effective mode of transport while still meeting service expectations.
- Establish measurable performance metrics and utilize category management processes to drive improvements in supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels and transit times.
- Provide timely resolution of discrepancies with supplier invoices, grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Provide Accounting/Finance Teams with periodic data regarding raw materials and/or finished good materials costs to assist in maintaining standard cost tables.
- Coordinate participation in all US Customs and Homeland Security initiatives including C-TPAT, ACE, SOLAS, hazardous material shipping and HTS/Schedule B database maintenance.
- Continuously monitor market conditions, governmental regulations/policies, environmental or social concerns that can impact the movement of RTC's goods and ensure that service levels are maintained at the most competitive cost.
- Provide regular updates to senior management and execute special projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management (or MBA) and a minimum of 10 years of Global Procurement and/or Sourcing experience. Additional experience in Logistics and Compliance, and an ISM CPSM certification is a plus.
- Strong leader with prior managerial experience within a large, multinational organization.
- Successful track record of utilizing category management strategies to optimize performance within the following direct/indirect material categories: plastics, metals, LED lighting, MRO.
- Cross-functional and KPI driven with the ability to influence people to a shared vision. Makes definitive recommendations and can generate buy-in from senior-level stakeholders.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills. Capable of using analytics to make sound decisions on suitability and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with the proven ability to bring assignments to a successful completion. Flexible and entrepreneurial, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Willing to travel, domestic and international, as needed (estimated 10%).
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.