Plant Quality Assurance Manager
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Fitness Center available at Romeoville for all Plant Associates.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- We make safety a priority and have no one contract COVID from exposure at work.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings) and for each RTC associate who has a Preventative Care Claim in 2021, RTC will donate $100 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Responsible for product and process quality through inspection to ensure conformance to specifications of purchased material and parts, work-in-process, finished goods, packaging and labeling.
- Works directly with Project Managers, Purchasing, Engineering, Corporate Quality and Production Managers/Supervisors to ensure that all RTC quality standards are being met.
- Works with other RTC locations (Beaverton, Asia, UK), Suppliers and Clients in the exchange of quality information and reports on incoming quality issues and customer/field issues.
- Plays a lead role at the plant level in properly identifying and defining quality issues and working with other departments helps to develop appropriate action plans to address the issues.
- Controls disposition and costs on nonconforming material and identifies corrective action needs.
- Assures the accuracy of all gages, measuring and test equipment through calibrations performed by outside vendors
- Determines inspection levels based on standard AQL and will determine, based on results, if further inspections are required. Reports findings to the appropriate RTC department when issues are found.
- Maintains NMR database (Non-Conforming Material Report) and issues weekly reports on NMR status.
- Processes returned material, maintains the Returns Log, issues reports on returns status and aging and works with other departments on the proper disposition of materials.
- Works with and maintains UL/ETL logs, documentation and labels. Meets with UL and ETL auditors on a regular basis to ensure RTC’s adherence and compliance to all applicable standards and requirements.
- Provides training for all QA inspectors and works closely with temporary inspectors to ensure that they are properly trained on the project they are assigned.
- Maintains several QA documents and logs such as P&G Order Fulfillment Accuracy, Walgreens Order Fulfillment Accuracy, Production First Article Inspections and Bose First Pass Yield. Creates reports and graphs of findings and distributes to the appropriate groups internal and external to RTC.
- Manages department expenses and spending and plays an active role in the development of the annual budget.
- Manages the departmental headcount through the use of temporaries in addition to RTC associates to maintain the proper level of QA inspections and audits. Works closely with Production, Receiving, Warehouse and Shipping management in order to determine proper levels of QA staffing.
- Develops, maintains and updates Quality Manual and Quality SOP’s in order to ensure adherence to proper RTC methods and standards.
- Investigates customer complaints (CIR’s) at the plant level, performs detailed audits on products in question, develops root cause explanation and corrective actions and reports on these findings at weekly CIR meetings.
- Reports to the Director of Plant Operations.
- Degree in Engineering or another related manufacturing degree
- 5+ years of managing a QA Department with in a manufacturing or production environment
- Familiar with UL & ETL standards and compliance
- Experience with interacting with overseas supplies
- Knowledge working with an ERP system
- Must be willing to be hands on the manufacturing floor (75%-100%)
- Flexible hours depending on workload
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.