Plant QA Manager
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Fitness Center available at Romeoville for all Plant Associates.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered on insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
This role will be responsible for managing all Plant QA Department functions. Actively participating in QMS, UL/ETL, and FSC audits and establishing Quality goals for plant operations. This role will also be responsible for publishing weekly and monthly Quality reports highlighting inspection results, non-conforming materials, rework costs, etc.
- Manage one Assistant Supervisor, who oversees QA Inspectors and QA Coordinators.
- Responsible for product and process quality from receiving through shipping.
- Works directly with Project Managers, Purchasing, Engineering, Corporate Quality, and Production Managers/Supervisors, ensuring compliance to RTC quality standards.
- Drives process improvements based on receiving, first article, in-process, and final inspection results.
- Manages segregation and timely disposition of nonconforming materials. Maintains NMR (Non-Conforming Material Report) database and uses NMR data to drive improvements.
- Manages the equipment calibration program.
- Implements inspection program based on statistical sampling.
- Processes returned material, maintains the Returns Log and works with other departments to timely dispose of these materials.
- Works with RTC’s regulatory compliance team to maintain RTC’s compliance with all applicable standards and requirements.
- Notifies RTC suppliers of their quality issues and collaborates with them to implement corrective and preventive actions.
Degree in Engineering or Science.
- Degree in Engineering or Science.
- 5+ years of experience managing a QA Department in the manufacturing industry.
- CQE/CMQ-OE certification from ASQ preferred.
- Contract manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (intermediate Excel).
- Working knowledge of an ERP system.
- Must be willing to be hands-on on the manufacturing floor.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.