RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- We make safety a priority and have no one contract COVID from exposure at work.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings) and for each RTC associate who has a Preventative Care Claim in 2021, RTC will donate $100 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Produce accurate, high quality prototypes, models, and patterns for part evaluation, as well as internal and external presentations, using a variety of shop tools and equipment.
- Consult and work closely with members of the Model Shop and internal teams such as Manufacturing Engineers, Project Managers, Engineering and Design teams to understand the requirements of each job.
- Will work with plastic fabrication, painting (both detailed and non-detailed), finishing, light duty machining, metal, and woodwork, reading blueprints and offering design suggestions.
- Work with the CNC Team and 3D Printing Department to design and develop multiple parts and fixtures required for the daily tasks.
- Provide technical support to Estimating, Purchasing and Business Units/Programs.
- Assist engineering team in design of custom projects by providing feedback based on years of knowledge and hands on experience.
- Research new technologies and processes.
- Follow 5S protocols to Maintain shop area and equipment to keep area clean, orderly, and safe.
- Participate in on site installations of prototypes.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Reports to the Model Shop Manager and receive directions from the Team Leader
- Works closely with members of the model shop, Manufacturing Engineering team and internal teams such as Project Management, Engineering and Design.
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
Education: Degree in model making or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with the fabrication of plastics, wood, and metal.
- Self-starter, ability to multitask, be able to complete tasks within the allotted time frame.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, good communicator, possess positive attitude and be a team player.
- Prior experience working with CNC machines.
- Working knowledge of Solid Works, a huge plus.
- Knowledge of 3D printing a plus.
- knowledge of various materials and their unique characteristics.
- Experience must be weighted towards plastics and wooden materials but also possess knowledge of metal.
- Prior experience in industrial model building, prototype design, and/or carpentry is required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings.
- Excel experience a plus.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.