Microsoft Support Specialist
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Administration of the Microsoft O365 environment, including create new users, managing permissions, auditing via PowerShell and Admin center
- Management, Monitoring and Administration of the AD environment including Group Policy management
- Management and Administration of Microsoft EM & S E3 / E5 solutions and systems
- Management of Microsoft Azure AD Premium
- Management and Administration of Microsoft In-Tune, Conditional Access permissions and Security reporting
- Monitoring security alerts and making recommendations for improvements to the environment to protect all systems and data.
- Analyze requirements and develop functional and design specification for applications and systems improvements
- Create and document plans, policies, standards, procedures and checklists
- Assist in the development of the IT related to Microsoft applications and systems, in particularly provide support and guidance on the use of Microsoft PowerShell
III. SECONDARY DUTIES:
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist with PC setup, repair, upgrade and maintenance, which includes telephone and on-site support of hardware and software problems.
- Assist in the management, setup and administration of the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network.
- Software deployment throughout the organization globally via the software management tool.
IV. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: VP of IT
Key Internal Contacts: All departments
Key External Contacts: Microsoft / computer hardware/software suppliers and as needed external customer interaction
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years of excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell with extensive knowledge of development and deployment of PowerShell scripts and group policy.
- Minimum of 5 years Microsoft Exchange and Azure Administration Center experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft-based solutions and infrastructure across complex and multi-location environment.
- Ideally a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Must be familiar with various LAN/network technologies and corresponding hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to assess outages, act on assessments and work with vendors to restore services in a timely manner.
- Microsoft SQL database knowledge and basic SQL querying preferred.
- Strong customer service skills with good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Education: College degree in Computer Science preferred. MCSA Certification preferred
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- Telecommuting program (after 6 months)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.