Manufacturing Project Manager
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each project situation, determine actions to take, and ensure implementation of required actions.
- Develop project plans as requested or work with Development Project Management to create project plans. Create and maintain Gantt charts and written communication regarding timing of requirements and tasks to Account Management and Development Project Management.
- Complete in-depth assessment of risk for each project and maintain detailed knowledge regarding the status of all projects under their ownership.
- Communicate to all relating departments with regards to requirements, tasks, completion dates, work in process, required samples, etc.
- Seek out and retain up-to-date knowledge regarding the cost relationship between estimated costs and actual costs for all projects under their ownership (including, but not limited to materials, labor, engineering time, design time, and manufacturing engineering time).
- Preserve and increase knowledge of manufacturing processes related to POP industry.
- Work with Sourcing, Purchasing and global Project Management to ensure on time deliveries of components and finished goods to RTC or directly to the customer.
- Coordinate activities for and possibly travel to other RTC global facilities during the manufacture of displays or fixtures under their ownership. This can also include having regular communications outside of the normal business day (evenings or early mornings).
- Execute all department required documentation for projects under their ownership.
- Maintain functional knowledge of the Project Management module of RTC’s MRP system. Also sustain working knowledge of other applicable areas within the MRP system.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Business, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering or a related Manufacturing degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using an ERP system preferred
- Knowledge of MS Project
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Very Organized, able to handle the smallest details
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work with various teams throughout the organization
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.