Leading incl. developing the Service Logistics team in Asia with a strong focus on control daily tracking and tracing to ensure a seamless business process. Develop consult and implement new strategy to streamline processes and to reduce cost (together with Global team). Review and revise specific Asia strategy for Bonded and non-Bonded customer base towards constantly changing governmental policies. Manage the external logistics service provider (3PL) including subcontractor set up performance and contract re-negotiations in the region. Ensure that customer satisfaction and targeted KPIs are met. Perform metrics reporting and data analysis to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements. Assume responsibility for regional service logistics projects and or represent service logistics in multi-disciplinary improvement programs aimed at continuous improvement within the region. Manage the complex US-China trade war with duty changes and BIS Entity list minimize the impact with related customers business. Bridge intercultural challenges between the East and the West both Europe and US on a Senior Management level.
- Coordinating the most appropriate route for a shipment (taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security).
- Obtaining, checking, and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with overseas countries' regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Offering consolidation services by air, sea and road - ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers with insufficient cargo to utilize their own dedicated units.
- Liaising with third parties to move goods (by road, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranging payment of freight and other charges, or collection of payment on behalf of the client.
- Arranging the sea / air shipment import to China from EU / USA whatever ex-factory or DDP term
- Arranging the sea / air shipment from China to Asia country whatever ex-factory or DDP term, should be familiar with the import policy in Asia country
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
- Maintaining visibility and control through all phases of the journey
- Acting as a consultant expert in customs & transportation matters
- Managing all logistic service provider service performance
- Degree in Logistic or Supply chain or International Trading
- 10+ years’ experience of Logistics company in China, with a bias towards export & import
- 10+ years’ experience within a similar Western based industry but with a bias towards out-sourcing as opposed to in-house manufacture
- Have the good experience in warehouse management & domestic truck monitor, better have the experience in goods loading plan
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin
- Based in Shanghai China.