IT Support Specialist
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option)!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at the Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initial setup and ongoing maintenance of computers, printers, telephones, software, and other technology-related assets.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problem tickets in a timely manner, providing user training, and documenting processes.
- Managing licenses and subscriptions, tracking and processing renewals on a timely basis, maintaining appropriate equipment inventory levels, and preparing orders for software and hardware when required.
- Administering network credentials, asset assignments, and software licenses for all users.
- Executing backup of data for all software, data, and servers for RTC. Recommend and implement disaster recovery processes.
- Assisting in the set-up of new servers.
- Execute cybersecurity tasks, including scheduling monthly training, ensuring security tooling is on every asset, installing patches when available, and monitoring security logs.
- Work with building services to troubleshoot wiring infrastructure issues.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Travel between local facilities to provide support as required.
- Reports to the Vice President, IT.
- Interacts with internal resources across all functions.
- May interact with external suppliers as needed.
College degree preferred
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-3 years experience in a technical support role supporting Windows and Mac operating systems, printers, and peripherals.
- 1-3 years experience configuring and deploying computer resources to users and providing training and assistance.
- Strong product knowledge of Microsoft 365, help desk ticketing software, and identity management portals such as Active Directory Users and Group Management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills with good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Previous experience with scripting tools (Powershell, PERL, VBS) preferred.
- Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex challenges and deal with high-pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.