IT Support Specialist
- PC setup, repair, upgrade and maintenance, which includes telephone and on-site support of hardware and software problems.
- Administration of the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network.
- Develop procedures and implement the Administration and backup of data for all software, data and servers for RTC, including e-mail, LN, Oracle, blackberries, etc. Set-up new servers as needed and maintain the servers.
- Train new users on RTC desktop tools.
- Maintains and supports the installation and maintenance of software products
- Assists with the maintenance and monitoring of computer systems operations.
- Work with building services to troubleshoot cabling/wiring infrastructure.
- Maintain and monitor the communications systems and support users on any issues
- Maintain the printing and copying facilities.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Backup for database administration.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- College degree preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years of experience in supporting an end user environment that uses Intel based desktop/laptops/server
- Must be familiar with various LAN/network technologies and corresponding hardware.
- Must have strong product knowledge of peripherals (printers and Blackberry), windows, remote connectivity, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, analyze and recommend infrastructure investments is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to assess outages, act on assessments and work with vendors to restore services in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with telephony concepts is required.
- Strong customer service skills with good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
It is RTC’s mission to create employment opportunities for individuals that might be traditionally excluded or underrepresented in mainstream employment. Veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Telecommuting Program after 6 months
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.