- Responsible for the timely and accurate consolidated financial statements, consolidated cash flow statements, and other financial reports.perform monthly consolidation;
- prepare account reconciliations for all intercompany transactions to ensure accurate consolidation;
- prepare intercompany invoices and manage intercompany loan balances and interest;
- work with regional controllers and corporate accounting personnel in the consolidation process;
- maintain roll-forward of Consolidated Statement of Shareholder Equity including adjustments for comprehensive income/loss, tax distributions and non-controlling interest.
- FINANCIAL INTEGRITY & ANALYSIS: Ensure integrity and accuracy of international financial information through review and analysis. Perform monthly review and analysis of all subsidiary financial and operating information including all components of the monthly international reporting packages submitted by each company - this involves reviewing all related trial balances and details. Research and explain significant changes in balances or ratios. Prepare analyses on selected accounts including foreign currency gain/loss
- AUDIT: Prepare and coordinate all international information from subsidiaries for annual consolidated financial audit. Review with auditors, research and resolve any questions or concerns of Grant Thornton audit team related to international financial accounts or statements.
- INCOME TAX: Prepare and coordinate workpapers for international and domestic income tax preparation, working with external tax preparers to calculate taxable income and other tax information. Knowledge of US federal tax calculations, practices, and requirements.
- CONTROLS: Communicate new policies and procedures to the subsidiaries and update these periodically. Ensure that our subsidiaries meet our internal deadlines. Provide support to international finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial close monthly, and quality compliance with IFRS and GAAP.
- Provide assistance with the US monthly close. Prepare journal entries, perform balance sheet account reconciliations and provide documentation for all international accounts.
Primary Internal and External Relationships:
- Direct reporting relationship to Financial Reporting Manager, supporting Controller and CFO in Rolling Meadows, IL.
- Work closely with Regional Controllers and country controllers in multiple countries:
- Contacts in Brazil, Peru, and Mexico
- Asia controllers located in Hong Kong & China
- Europe controller located in the UK
- Main US contact with external financial auditors for all international financial information. Main contact with external tax preparers for international financial information impacting US federal and state taxes.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, major in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting with progressive responsibilities, including a minimum 2 years’ of international accounting experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS for preparation of consolidated financial statements/reports.
- ERP system experience (Infor LN a plus).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including advanced MS Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-directed and creative; must be comfortable with ambiguity and matrixed reporting responsibilities.
- Assertive; comfortable expressing opinions.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with a wide variety of individuals.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and able to multi-task.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement