Daily Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Public relations with client and store management as appropriate to specific store location.
- Execute installation per space plan, elevation and construction intent documentation.
- Instruct and inform installation teams in proper and efficient assembly of RTC fixtures.
- Collaboration with engineering and production team members providing feedback through photographs, phone and written documentation.
- Collaboration and support for internal account teams
- Direct “on site” client contact regarding status of assigned installation projects, shipping status, special conditions relating to the store and the fixtures, next steps in the process, priorities and RTC expectations for the sequence of events.
- Client interface includes problem solving, delivering negative news, and status reporting.
- Communicate a client friendly daily status report for assigned projects and provide photos as required.
- Communicate an internal version of the daily status report.
- Direct contact with general contractors and sub-contractors as required to successfully and efficiently perform work expected of RTC. Effectively protects RTC’s and the client’s best interests at each assigned job site.
- Identify and communicate change order requirements to Account and Installation Manager.
- Coordinate and schedule activities around any on site client requests or “Go Back” conditions. Obtain approvals for change orders as required.
- Installation support includes training and directing 3rd party suppliers. For the Installation Specialist role, this typically pertains to standard or rerun fixtures.
- This role documents and works to complete punch list items as required.
The role has job responsibilities in preparation to going to a store installation that include the following:
- Compile assets and control documents required for on-site leadership and management. Review project construction plans.
- Prepare Scope of Work bid documents for assigned installations.
- Develop project installation/ shipping schedule for specific shops/ stores (in store timing of events)
- Investigate and learn assembly methods and sequences for standard fixtures.
The role has job responsibilities upon conclusion of the store installation that include the following:
- Follow through on “Go Back” activities and participate in the resolution.
- Organize and validate change orders by 3rd party suppliers such as installation companies.
- Develop a Customer Incident Report as required and deliver in a timely manner upon completion of the installation.
- Provide client feedback from each job site in conjunction with the CIR.
- Coordinate and participate in site survey activities as required.
- Coordinate activities based on client installation feedback requests.
- Coordinate installation kick off meeting with internal associates
- Perform other duties as required by Installation Manager or Account Manager.
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Three to five years of Retail Installation or Construction related experience.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (75%), oftentimes on short notice, be well organized, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to consistently interact with internal stakeholders and external clients on a daily basis.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction, architectural, and engineering drawings.
- Carpenter preferred
- When not traveling, will be required to work in Rolling Meadows office assisting the Development Team, taking direction from Manager – Prototype Development.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Person of high morals and strong work ethic.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.