Forklift/ Reach Truck Operator
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (max of $50K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- PTO Plan
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Service Awards ($25 gift card for every 5 years)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Fitness Center available at Romeoville for all Plant associates.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- We make safety a priority and have no one contract COVID from exposure at work.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings) and for each RTC associate who has a Preventative Care Claim in 2021, RTC will donate $100 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
- Pick and deliver the correct items and quantities of RTC inventory and deliver it to the designated
- production lines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Transfer and locate receiving inventory into warehouse locations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare material movement documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Operate RF bar code scanning equipment to perform real-time material movement transactions.
- Load and unload trucks as needed or assigned.
- Work in a safe manner, follow all safety rules and report any potential safety hazards to management.
- Responsible for insuring work area is clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be experienced as a Reach Truck operator and be able to demonstrate proficiency in operating a Reach Truck (Crown/Yale).
- Must speak English fluently and read all instructions in English.
- Must have excellent math skills along with basic computer skills.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of all relevant Warehouse documentation.
- Must have previous warehousing experience.
- Must have a sense of urgency.
- Must be a team player, able to work well with others.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible with start and end times and work overtime when required.
It is RTC’s mission to create employment opportunities for individuals that might be traditionally excluded or underrepresented in mainstream employment. Veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.