Forklift Operator/ Order Check
- Review Sales Orders, Labels, Folders and all shipping documentation for their completeness and
- Check the staged sales orders to ensure items and quantities match order.
- Identify and follow-up with any material shortages on sales orders with dock and office supervision.
- Calculate and provide weights and dimensions for cartons and pallets to shipping supervision.
- Create tally sheets for all full trailer load and other assigned shipments.
- Review and check packing list to verify destination address, number of pallets, cartons and weight.
- Load full trailer shipments, containers and LTL shipments using forklift truck and/or pallet jack.
- Responsible for insuring work area is clean and organized per 5S standards.
- Work in a safe manner, follow all safety rules and report any potential safety hazards to management.
- Other duties as needed or assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of one year shipping experience utilizing loading dock equipment (forklifts and
- pallet jacks).
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent math and English reading skills.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of all relevant Shipping documentation.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Must be a team player able to work with others both internal and external (Drivers).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Bar code and RF scanning knowledge is a plus.
- Must be flexible with start and finish times and available to work overtime when needed.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (max of $50K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- PTO Plan
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Service Awards ($25 gift card for every 5 years)