RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with design, engineering and model shop to obtain drawings and information required for estimating. Review materials and processes under consideration for the design and provide consultation when possible.
- Recommend materials and manufacturing methods appropriate to the project
- Work with Sourcing to develop new suppliers, production methods and materials. Help to build and maintain source files.
- Analyze suppliers and supplier quotes to make recommendations for use in estimates.
- Provide Account Executives with the type of estimate appropriate to the stage in the design and engineering process (Ballpark, Budgetary, Firm).
- Circulate estimates to appropriate parties. Help to maintain estimate files.
- Participate in estimating training sessions.
- Gain proficiency in RFP and RFQ processing and administration. Be able to accurately complete multiple item programs within the given deadline.
III. Secondary Duties
- Be able to use LN proficiently (ERP)
- Participate in cross-training with Purchasing.
- Coordinate with production department for labor estimates.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by estimating manager.
Education: A four-year degree in Industrial Engineering or related field is preferred.
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
Experience: 3-5 years of cost estimating, preferably in the display or related industry. Knowledge of Injection Molding, Wood, and Sheet Metal Fabrication. Basic knowledge of Materials and Manufacturing Process.
Skills: Strong ERP & Excel skills required. Ability to read engineering drawings. Working knowledge of Solidworks is a plus. Good conceptual abilities.
It is RTC’s mission to create employment opportunities for individuals that might be traditionally excluded or underrepresented in mainstream employment. Veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.