Entry Level Manufacturing Project Manager
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Creation and managing of all planning documents (timelines, load plans, production schedules, etc), will have knowledge of calculating rates of production as they pertain to injection molding
- Follow-up on all aspects of project progression to ensure projects are shipping on time and budget
- Regularly interact with procurement for outside supplier purchases and action internal Romeoville-based production teams via an ERP system
- Develop sample carton pack outs, optimize pallet pack outs, work with logistics for shipping planning
- Create, update, and modify BOMs/routing for Ready product
- Work closely with plant personnel to determine the most efficient and effective approach to production
- Act as a liaison between sales, account services, procurement, and production to ensure client needs are being satisfied and all project details are understood and coordinated to meet the time requirements
- Work closely with Procurement, Planning, and Production to develop the overall project plan. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the project
- Participate in daily interaction with our Romeoville production facility both remotely and on-site
- Interaction with 3rd party production vendors will occasionally be required. Familiarity with production processes; especially injection molding, to a lesser extent extruding, print and metal fabrication is helpful
- Work daily with multiple product families, some with hundreds of variations of standard products for each product family
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be highly motivated with superior organizational skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, demanding environment where changing priorities and time demands are always present
- Enthusiastic team player, willing to cultivate internal relationships to be successful
- Ability to manage each endeavor analytically and systematically
- Must be flexible and willing to consider multiple options to complete projects; new production, rework of existing inventory, etc.
- Capability to effectively make production decisions, understanding the impact of those decisions, and convey them to all areas affected
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency in ERP software preferred LN
- Familiarity with routing, multiple level BOMs; BOM creation, modification, and calculation of those BOMs for new versions, proportional increases and decreases
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with MS Project
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Participation during installations for store tests and trials will be required
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.