Entry Level Manufacturing Project Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each project situation, determine actions to take, and ensure implementation of required actions.
- Develop project plans as requested or work with Development Project Management to create project plans. Create and maintain Gantt charts and written communication regarding timing of requirements and tasks to Account Management and Development Project Management.
- Complete in-depth assessment of risk for each project and maintain detailed knowledge regarding the status of all projects under their ownership.
- Communicate to all relating departments with regards to requirements, tasks, completion dates, work in process, required samples, etc.
- Seek out and retain up-to-date knowledge regarding the cost relationship between estimated costs and actual costs for all projects under their ownership (including, but not limited to materials, labor, engineering time, design time, and manufacturing engineering time).
- Preserve and increase knowledge of manufacturing processes related to POP industry.
- Work with Sourcing, Purchasing and global Project Management to ensure on time deliveries of components and finished goods to RTC or directly to the customer.
- Coordinate activities for and possibly travel to other RTC global facilities during the manufacture of displays or fixtures under their ownership. This can also include having regular communications outside of the normal business day (evenings or early mornings).
- Execute all department required documentation for projects under their ownership.
- Maintain functional knowledge of the Project Management module of RTC’s MRP system. Also sustain working knowledge of other applicable areas within the MRP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, International Business, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering or a related Manufacturing degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Project Management or related field.
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple responsibilities and self-prioritize, detail-oriented, strong computer skillset, organized, resourceful, clear communicator, confident leader/manager and team player.
- Computer skills required include MS Excel and MS Word and the ability the read engineering drawings.
- MS Project experience and ability to read architectural drawings preferred (but not required).
- ERP/MRP experience also preferred.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- Telecommuting Program (work remotely 1 day a week after 6 months)