Entry Level Inside Sales
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Responsible for consistent efforts to develop new business within the US and Canada.
- Targets will include inbound leads from marketing campaigns, current customers for relationship expansion, outbound targets from lists, and self-generated prospects.
- The Inside Sales role at RTC includes remote account management.
- The Inside Sales Representative will have the opportunity to manage accounts they bring in, providing continued customer service and development.
- Seeking Opportunities to upsell and cross sell, expanding the business opportunities within each account.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing or equivalent work experience
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Strong sales abilities which support selling to the executives, including C-level, of small to medium sized businesses balanced with tactical skills for a fast paced, high volume, lead follow up environment.
- Ability to build strong rapport, establishing trust and credibility through a consultative solution based approach, balancing assertive sales follow-up without being overly aggressive.
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quotes prices, discuss created terms, and prepare sales order forms and or reports when required.
- Time management skills-able to manage both macro and micro priorities effectively.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues-delegating to account services when appropriate.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Highly effective at web-based product demonstrations.
- Execute strategy to meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue goals.
- Ability to effectively forecast business.
- Maintain a pipeline of active sales opportunities.
- Build and maintain a thorough knowledge base of RTC’s products.
- Effectively track all pertinent information related to each opportunity, providing relevant highlights in a weekly report.
- Ability to manipulate and manage spreadsheets.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.