Development Project Manager I
Responsibilities of Development Project Manager
Technical advisor & primary point of contact:
- Interact with account managers and directly with clients to clearly understand their business needs and expectations. For clarity, when the project is turned over to the development manager, they own it and are responsible for it. The account manager will interact with the client for all commercial aspects (e.g. margins, pricing, contracts, etc) and hopefully future work whereas the development manager is responsible for managing the expectations of the client. (Note: the account manager needs to be involved if client demands are unreasonable).
- Build positive working relationships with clients and ensure client satisfaction.
- Act as the primary contact for client technical queries and concerns relating to their development projects.
- Attend project-based client meetings as required. This will most likely be in place of the account manager, not in addition to. Gently remind the client if they delay in providing feedback.
- Define the agenda and lead the prototype review meeting with the client. Document all changes from the meeting and disseminate these changes through the organisation, ensuring that drawings or production details reflect these changes. (Note: follow the existing prototype review process).
- Provide and issue comprehensive meeting minutes from all other client or internal project meetings, detailing all actions and deadlines agreed.
- Act as the key contact for all internal resource teams for development project details and requirements.
- Remind the account manager, the client and development team of upcoming deadlines
- Warn the account manager (or the client if the account manager is not involved in the project) if a deadline looks like it’s going to slip
- Make sure that the client understands what was done and why it was done (ideally relating what was done back to the development brief)
- Capture client feedback in a structured manner so that each iteration moves the deliverable closer to finalization
- Coordinate with Client Business Development or Account Management to ensure all development projects are completed within the agreed working parameters.
- Prepare project proposal/scoping document. Know how to respond to the development requirements of an RFP, complete with deliverables, time lines, budget, etc.
- Create the development project plan, schedule and budget according to client requirements
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop appropriate mitigation plans.
- Determine resource requirements and identify resources with right skills to successfully execute projects.
- Launch development “kick-off” meeting and debrief the relevant departments. Ensure that project requirements are clearly understood by all involved
- Set and communicate deadlines for key tasks, negotiating both with account managers about client needs and the development team about the time they need to do a thorough job
- Ensure that the development team has all they need to do their work (e.g., the right files, the development brief, clear deadlines)
- Juggle resources and deadlines and then adjust and communicate project schedules accordingly
- Establish and evaluate time lines (Gantt Charts) from their information.
- Prepare detailed project plans for the completion of works, showing key project milestones.
- Liaise with internal resources to identify and specify the most suitable manufacturing materials and processes to meet the combination of budget, timeline and quality requirements. In some instances, work with our external supplier base to perform the same task where project timelines require additional resource.
- Assist with and / or complete prototype and production estimates where required.
- Set up project numbers and sub sections for the recording of all costs via time or value.
- Ensure that quality control parameters for both internal and supplier manufacture are set and controlled.
- Continuously review the project plan, implementing control measures as and when necessary
- Work with our internal resource teams and external suppliers to develop cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality and productivity.
- Brief internal resources of prototype requirements and/or assist with briefing of sub-contractors.
- Analyse and resolve project issues in timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with development team (design, engineering, prototype managers, estimating, account services, finance) daily to execute assigned projects within deadlines and budget.
- Monitor quality and ensure that changes are recorded throughout the prototype process.
- Liaise with Design, Engineering and Estimating teams to outline any specification changes or upgrades to equipment and to determine impact on cost. Report any cost impact directly to client on a timely basis to ensure cost recovery.
- Prepare cost and budget reconciliations, ensuring that projects are completed within the financial budget. Instigate control measures when projects are running over budget.
- Liaise with account services to verify that all client invoices are processed and issued in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all prototypes produced are photographed to a high enough standard so that they could be considered for use in a corporate presentation.
- Ensure all project documentation is completed accurately and timely and in accordance with company policy. Ensure proper project close-out, including archiving of files so they can be easily accessed when needed in the future. Document any learnings.
- Partner with Production Project Managers to ensure a seamless transition from development through hand off to production. Attention needs to be made to the accuracy of the production engineering drawings and BOM’s .
- Create an environment of continuous improvement by constantly reviewing methodologies, procedures and materials, making and implementing the agreed improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a technical program
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to having face to face interaction with customers and clients
- Ability to manage development of project from concept thru production.
- Ability to work with a variety number of team members (Designers, Engineers, Project Managers, Account Managers, Production, Account Services)
- Work in a fast paced and multitasking environment, managing multiple projects and clients at one time.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt
- Proficient in MS Project
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Telecommuting at 6 months
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.