RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Generating 3d models for Prototype, Quotation and/or Production.
- Generating detailed 2d part and assembly engineering drawings for Prototype, Quotation and/or Production.
- Generating 3d models for rapid prototyping for design evaluation, testing and/or client presentations.
- Making improvements and/or adjustments to current product lines to cater to a specific client need or to a specific product application.
- Providing technical direction concerning manufacturing processes, materials, or other considerations which affect a design’s cost, lead time or other relevant factors.
- Coordinating with Design, Product Management, Manufacturing Engineering and Tooling Teams to complete project tasks.
- Collaborating with Vendors and/or other Production Resources to resolve design/manufacturing issues and give design/engineering direction.
- Assisting RTC Quality Assurance Team with functional testing and dimensional validation.
- Providing necessary technical documents/files for recording, filing and distribution.
- Providing basic project status updates.
- Reports to the RTC Ohio Engineering Manager.
- Work is generally done independently but will also require collaboration with various groups throughout the product development process.
- Works closely with the Ohio Design & Engineering Group, RTC’s Product Management, Project Managers and Tooling Engineer teams. At times, will also need to work with RTC’s Sales, Estimating, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Design Engineering Technology, or related field.
- 4-7 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Proficient in SolidWorks or equivalent 3d modeling software.
- Knowledge/experience designing and/or engineering: injection molded plastic parts, plastic extrusions, metal profile extrusions, sheet metal & wire parts, fabricated plastic components and vacuum formed parts.
- Understanding of methods and best practices when dimensioning and tolerancing engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of various plastic and metal material properties.
- An understanding and experience using 3d printers is a plus.
- Proficiency in PLM is a plus.
- POP experience is a plus.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.