Customer Service Representative
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- We make safety a priority and have no one contract COVID from exposure at work.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings) and for each RTC associate who has a Preventative Care Claim in 2021, RTC will donate $100 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
Basic Tasks and Skills:
- Demonstrate common business sense decision making during daily activity.
- Takes relevant notes routinely during meetings, prioritizes deliverables, and actions notes accordingly.
- Actively participates in conference calls with clients and RTC peers.
- Strong written and verbal skills a must.
- Strong work ethic.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to contribute within a team oriented environment.
- Organize and “bundle” mandatory information.
- Update and maintain weekly status reports.
- Generate, and participate in the solution of the CIR’s based on feedback from installations and participate in meeting.
Daily Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
Inventory Control related:
Overseeing inventory levels of RTC fixtures and customer supplied items that are required for production, shipping and invoicing products.
- Closely monitor Cumulative Reports and communicate risks.
- Have a thorough understanding of monthly CUME reports and provide answers to questions from both client and internal team members.
- Contribute to monthly CUME report data to ensure accurate information.
- Analyze current inventory levels (including WIP and allocations) to identify excess inventory levels or shortages.
- Ability to navigate LN enough to review existing inventory availability and allocation.
- Ability to look up pertinent information in the ERP system and interpret inventory data accordingly.
- Become familiar with our client’s project management system (Smartsheet and Sitefolio).
Execute Logistical specifications:
- Understand all logistical “rules” and expectations of each client. Focus on the timing and communication expectations of each client and each shipping nuance. Shipping nuances include:
- LTL, Dedicated Truck or Parcel
- Available services – white glove, etc…
- Client carriers – Champion, EA Logistics, UPS, etc…
- Three week window
- Packing Lists / Trailer logs
- Label instructions
- Work with our team in Rolling Meadows to recognize back log conditions and impact on upcoming stores.
- Assist ASRs on logistics when required.
Order Process responsibilities:
- Review flash plans – determine unique site conditions
- Perform accurate “Take Offs” from client or internally provided space plans.
- Gather information from client and 3rd parties (GC, architect, electrician, etc.) in order to create a complete SOW for individual deliveries.
- Provide pertinent information relevant to timing and change orders to clients, internal stakeholders and installation partners.
- Coordinate with outside engineering firms for seismic drawing requirements
- Create a fixture order for each store and submit it to the client for approval.
- Manage change orders for each fixture order.
- Manage the details of a rollout (dates, stores, quantities, etc) with the client, our team in Rolling Meadows and our Install Specialist.
- Review reconciliation with ASR and update fixture order that will be submitted to the client for final PO and invoicing.
Manage/Support Development Assignments:
- Enter and assign Kace work requests.
- Open project numbers in Kace.
- Raise PO requests for LN. Ensure the PO is entered in a timely manner so as to not delay payment to the vendor or create additional work on internal resources.
- Organize and maintain the program assets for easy reference. Program assets include but are not limited to design intents, engineering and store specific space planning.
- Request prototype and production estimates from Rolling Meadows.
Installation and Maintenance responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Install Coordinator on the details for upcoming installations.
- Follow up in a timely manner to ensure request is met and closes out each request financially.
- Follow up with clients to establish PO requisitions as required.
- Ensure that the quote aligns with the PO prior to authorization to invoice.
- Populate status reports accordingly with the invoicing status.
The job description should be considered “flexible” and includes anything else that the Account Manager assigns.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent expereince required.
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent expereince required.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Experience with retail fixtures or stores a plus.
- ERP knowledge preferred.
- Experience managing multiple requests and/ or clients.
- POP Display knowledge a plus.
- Flexibility to pivot in a fast paced every changing environment.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Inventory knowledge is a plus
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.