Cabinet Model Maker
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- We make safety a priority and have no one contract COVID from exposure at work.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings) and for each RTC associate who has a Preventative Care Claim in 2021, RTC will donate $100 to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Fabricate custom store fixtures and cabinetry.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, blueprints and renderings
- Produce accurate, high-quality prototypes and small run productions
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plan the methods and operations for shaping and assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions
- Consult and work closely with members of the model shop and internal teams; such as project management, engineering and design
- Work with project managers, engineers, and other model makers to understand the requirements of each job
- Painting (both detailed and non-detailed) and finishing
- Offering design suggestions to engineers and other associates
- Maintenance of shop area and equipment to keep area clean, orderly and safe
- Special projects as assigned
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Participate in Company 5S program
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong mathematical skills are a must
- Able to take a project from concept to completion
- Work well and effectively with others in a team atmosphere
- Create stock bill and bill of materials
- Ability and understanding of the safe operation and set up of variety of woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, sanders, shapers, routers, etc.
- Work to the highest of quality standards and attention to detail
- Finishing skills are a plus
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings
- Experience with working on solid surface material is a plus
- High School education and five years minimum experience
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.