Buyer (Injection Molding)
Primary deliverables will include the following:
- Define key opportunities and purchasing strategies for a chosen portfolio.
- Lead and implement projects and action plans through the development of dependable and competitive suppliers.
- Initiate and manage key domestic and offshore purchases.
- Identify and support the qualification of alternate/new sources of supply.
- Support Estimating Department in the preparation of estimates, as required.
- Implement processes that will ensure compliance to all global, state and federal shipping regulations involving our products.
- Recommend alternate processes for manufacturing or materials used in order to improve costs, quality, lead time, and overall value.
- Negotiate contracts on a regional and global level within defined portfolio.
- Perform supplier evaluations and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain detailed current professional knowledge using various external and internal resources. Offer training, subject matter expertise, and assistance to other purchasing personnel, and other RTC associates.
- Work with the team to enhance productivity through the implementation of new tools and processes.
- Special projects as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a business-related field).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in domestic and/or offshore purchasing, with applicable direct material purchasing experience.
- Expertise in offshore (APAC, Mexico, Europe) purchasing and supply chain management of bulk components and finished goods.
- Depth of knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under her/his responsibility.
- Proven project management skills to facilitate and complete project objectives on schedule, achieving required results.
- Strong negotiation skills, striving for best results related to cost, quality, and customer shipping requirements.
- Proven knowledge of demand management and replenishment principles and tools, and the ability to execute such principles.
- Knowledge of operations/business system software and the proven ability to support business requirements with detailed analytics.
- Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.