Primary deliverables will include the following:
- Define key opportunities and purchasing strategies for a chosen portfolio.
- Lead and implement projects and action plans through the development of dependable and competitive suppliers.
- Initiate and manage key domestic and offshore purchases.
- Identify and support the qualification of alternate/new sources of supply.
- Support Estimating Department in the preparation of estimates, as required.
- Implement processes that will ensure compliance to all global, state and federal shipping regulations involving our products.
- Recommend alternate processes for manufacturing or materials used in order to improve costs, quality, lead time, and overall value.
- Negotiate contracts on a regional and global level within defined portfolio.
- Perform supplier evaluations and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain detailed current professional knowledge using various external and internal resources. Offer training, subject matter expertise, and assistance to other purchasing personnel, and other RTC associates.
- Work with the team to enhance productivity through the implementation of new tools and processes.
- Special projects as assigned or required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a business-related field).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in domestic and/or offshore purchasing, with applicable direct material purchasing experience.
- Expertise in offshore (APAC, Mexico, Europe) purchasing and supply chain management of bulk components and finished goods.
- Depth of knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under her/his responsibility.
- Proven project management skills to facilitate and complete project objectives on schedule, achieving required results.
- Strong negotiation skills, striving for best results related to cost, quality, and customer shipping requirements.
- Proven knowledge of demand management and replenishment principles and tools, and the ability to execute such principles.
- Knowledge of operations/business system software and the proven ability to support business requirements with detailed analytics.
- Proven leadership capabilities with the ability to coordinate and communicate activities between internal departments as well as with external suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
It is RTC’s mission to create employment opportunities for individuals that might be traditionally excluded or underrepresented in mainstream employment. Veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- Telecommuting Program (work remotely 1 day a week after 6 months)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.