Associate Project Manager (Manufacturing)
The Associate Project Manager will participate in the managing of the manufacturing and deployment phases of Point of Purchase displays and fixture programs, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and per quality expectations by employing knowledge of manufacturing processes—and documenting key learnings from projects.
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each project situation, determine actions to take, and ensure implementation of required actions.
- Work with the Development Project Manager to create project plans and timelines. Create and maintain Gantt charts and written communication regarding the timing of requirements and tasks to Account Management and Development Project Management.
- Complete an in-depth assessment of risk for each project and maintain detailed knowledge regarding the status of all projects under their ownership.
- Communicate to all related departments regarding requirements, tasks, completion dates, work in process, required samples, etc.
- Seek out and retain up-to-date knowledge regarding the cost relationship between estimated costs and actual costs for all projects under their ownership (including, but not limited to materials, labor, engineering time, design time, and manufacturing engineering time).
- Preserve and increase knowledge of manufacturing processes related to the POP industry.
- Work with Development Project Managers, Manufacturing, and Shipping to ensure on-time deliveries of components and finished goods to RTC or directly to the customer.
- Execute all department-required documentation for projects under their ownership.
- Maintain functional knowledge of the Project Management module of RTC’s MRP system. Also, sustain working knowledge of other applicable areas within the MRP system.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Business, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, or a related Manufacturing degree or equivalent experien
- Experience in Project Management or related field.
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple responsibilities and self-prioritize, detail-oriented, strong computer skillset, organized, resourceful, clear communicator, confident leader/manager, and team player.
- Computer skills require advanced MS Excel and MS Word and the ability the read engineering drawings.
- MS Project experience and ability to read architectural drawings preferred (but not required).
- ERP/MRP experience preferred.
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option)!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.