Associate Model Maker
- Under the guidance of Team Leader and Sr. Level Model Makers, produce accurate, high quality prototypes, models, and patterns for part evaluation, as well as internal and external presentations, using a variety of shop tools and equipment.
- Consult and work closely with members of the Model Shop and internal teams such as Manufacturing Engineers, Project Managers, Engineering and Design teams to understand the requirements of each job.
- Build and construct fixtures for our Production Team and review the proper use of these fixtures with our production team at our Plants.
- Order materials for projects and Model Shop as needed.
- Plastic fabrication, painting (both detailed and non-detailed), finishing, light duty machining, metal, and woodwork, reading blueprints.
- Research new materials, technologies and processes.
- Follow 5S protocols to Maintain shop area and equipment to keep area clean, orderly, and safe.
- Participate in on site installations of prototypes.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Reports to the Model Shop Manager and receive directions from the Team Leader
- Works closely with members of the model shop, Manufacturing Engineering team and internal teams such as Project Management, Engineering and Design.
Education, Experience, Skill Requirements
Education: Degree in model making or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience with fabrication of plastics, wood and metal.
- Self-starter, ability to multitask, be able to complete tasks within the allotted time frame.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, good communicator, possess positive attitude and be a team player.
- CNC experience a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of Solid Works, a huge plus.
- Knowledge of 3D printing a plus.
- knowledge of various materials and their unique characteristics.
- Experience must be weighted towards plastics and wooden materials but also possess knowledge of metal.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Excel experience a plus.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.