Associate Manufacturing Engineer
- Work with Model Shop. Engineering and Design departments to review proposed designs.
- Collaborate with other associates to make recommendations on materials, manufacturing methods, etc. relative to ease production, lead time, budget and design objectives.
- Create and circulate estimates to appropriate parties. Maintains estimate files.
- Participate in ball-parking, budgetary reviews and brainstorming. Participate in value-engineering efforts.
- Analyze suppliers and supplier quotes and make recommendations to be used in estimates.
- Will participate in the supplier selection for prototypes taking into consideration production lead times, projected production quantities, and cost.
- Support Estimating Department in preparation of estimates, as required.
- Help lead and implement projects and action plans through the development of dependable and competitive suppliers.
- Identify and support the qualification of alternate/new sources of supply.
- Will assist in the development and procurement of prototypes.
- Recommend alternate processes for manufacturing or materials used in order to improve costs, quality, lead time, and overall value.
- Work to develop new supplier, production methods and materials.
- Special projects as assigned or required.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Ability to read engineering drawings.
A working knowledge of a wide variety of materials and processes.
Self-starter, able to manage multiple responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or other manufacturing related area or equivalent experience
0-4 years of experience in estimating,engineering, purchasing