Associate Manufacturing Engineer
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Work with Model Shop. Engineering and Design departments to review proposed designs.
- Collaborate with other associates to make recommendations on materials, manufacturing methods, etc. relative to ease production, lead time, budget and design objectives.
- Create and circulate estimates to appropriate parties. Maintains estimate files.
- Participate in ball-parking, budgetary reviews and brainstorming. Participate in value-engineering efforts.
- Analyze suppliers and supplier quotes and make recommendations to be used in estimates.
- Will participate in the supplier selection for prototypes taking into consideration production lead times, projected production quantities, and cost.
- Support Estimating Department in preparation of estimates, as required.
- Help lead and implement projects and action plans through the development of dependable and competitive suppliers.
- Identify and support the qualification of alternate/new sources of supply.
- Work closely and train by Sr. Manufacturing Engineers
- Will assist in the development and procurement of prototypes.
- Recommend alternate processes for manufacturing or materials used in order to improve costs, quality, lead time, and overall value.
- Work to develop new supplier, production methods and materials.
- Special projects as assigned or required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management, Engineering or other Manufacturing related area or equivalent experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- A working knowledge of a wide variety of materials and processes.
- Working knowledge of Solid works is a plus
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple responsibilities
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator
- Team player
Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing environment, project management field, Materials Management, Purchasing or Estimating
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.