RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Our Covid-19 protocol has resulted in ZERO outbreaks from exposure while in an RTC facility.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms available for new mothers at both Rolling Meadows & Romeoville locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots covered on insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
I. Primary Position Responsibilities and Goals:
- The Assistant Controller is embedded in the business, collaborating with all west coast team members, purchasing, shared services, operations and finance associates to insure that all costs for team projects and accounts are understood and used in the determination of selling prices and relationship strategies. In addition to the above associates, other key relationships include assigned ME’s and PM’s.
- A primary goal for this role to be determined to be successful is to be able to understand and report all costs IN ADVANCE OF SELLING PRICES BEING GIVEN TO OUR CUSTOMERS.
- Another primary goal for this role is to work with the west coast team to understand the impact of changes being made by customers after the project has been awarded and launched to ensure the additional costs are promptly margined and invoiced.
- Another primary goal for this role is to evaluate all customer purchase orders to insure that the PO’s match RTC quotes and capture all understandings we have established with the customer.
- The Assistant Controller will demonstrate impeccable integrity, a strong work ethic and provide strong “detective-like” skills to unearth and address business challenges/opportunities in order to advance the business.
II. Primary Duties:
Business Profitability Enhancement
- Combines a solid understanding of the business, effective working relationships with sales, operations, shared services and financial managers, with excellent business analysis to become a key driver of the decision-making process to help build and protect the business.
- Drives the financial impacts of the RFP process via integration of key global resources with the Estimating team, and the Create Sales & Operations team to improve the depth of the RFP & timing for Executive review; enhances competitive analysis.
- Improves strategic cost analysis & reduction via strategic sourcing, sunset post-mortem reviews of RFP's, etc. to drive potential profitability improvement initiatives.
- Today, a limitation of the West Coast P&L is our inability to accurately plan and track actual shared service charges by program and job. A critical first assignment for the West Coast Controller will be to develop and implement Shared Services budgets by program and job and to develop and implement a system to accurately monitor time charged to ensure that we understand customer profitability.
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness in critical areas of the West Coast business including operating and project expenses, employee utilization, inventory turns, scrap expense, and other program realignment opportunities. Engages and interfaces regularly with sales and operations management teams to address areas of improvement areas and special initiatives.
- Prepares monthly management review packages to drive meetings with the west coast team and management team in conjunction with monthly, year-to-date, and full year forecast financials highlighted by accompanying analysis of results of key metrics, as well as specific ad hoc financial analysis, as required.
- Initial focus on upfront program financial management with emphasis on the real-time operational performance compared to program budgets.
o A key aspect of this function is to accurately forecast full year West Coast sales and EBITDA contribution on a monthly basis.
· Coordinates/undertakes special West Coast projects as assigned by, CFO, CEO and COO.
Financial Analysis & Business Support for Monthly Accounting Close Process
- Interfaces regularly with financial reporting team to ensure that all monthly/quarterly/annual West Coast based financial information is properly stated. Investigate variances to plan or unusual financial transactions timely to explain profitability and support the financial close process. Ensures timely invoicing of all jobs.
- Ensures financial reporting, analysis, and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the west coast business.
- Analyzes west coast financials for completeness; makes succinct and timely recommendations for West Coast P&L improvement.
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Responsible for the preparation of annual West Coast budgets and monthly forecasts, in coordination with the Create Controller.
- Provides ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners to support the development of long-term West Coast strategic initiatives and business plans.
Degree in Accounting or Finance or other relevant area.
III. Education, experience, skill requirements
- Impeccable integrity.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or other relevant area.
- 5+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting or other relevant experience.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and highly detail-oriented associate who can identify both issues that need to be addressed as well as opportunities for business growth and development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Humble yet confident.
- Requisite technical skills including financial modeling, writing and ERP skills.
- Solid understanding of cost accounting in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Collaborative style and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Self-starter who is highly results oriented.
- Resourceful and creative.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.