Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Payable (A/P) input and process all purchase order related invoices using 3-way matching & cost invoices in accordance to agreed terms. Verification of payment authorization, coding of invoices, printing and mailing checks, processing ACH and foreign wire payments and filing paid invoices.
- Monitoring of discrepant invoices, guide purchasing associates in the research and resolution process.
- Expense Reports - Approval verification, verify receipts & project breakdowns, code, input, and audit for company policy compliance.
- Freight Invoices – Work with 3rd party Freight audit/payment company Veraction to research & verify correct project or cost center for misc freight carrier invoices.
- Month end balancing and reconciliation of AP balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain records for Vendor W9 forms including 1099 filing
- Petty Cash - Miscellaneous cash pay-outs, bank deposits, associates’ personal postage charges.
- Support external audit requirements including pulling invoice and payment backup documentation.
- Policy compliance and receipt matching of corporate Purchasing card.
- Assist Accounting Department management and associates when required.
- Additional projects as they arise.
- Accounts Payable certification a plus
- Associates degree in Accounting
- ERP/LN Experience a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience
- Experience in Manufacturing or Distribution environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills preferred
- Communication – Listens to and accurately captures other’s expectations, ideas and concerns. Can communicate in a clear and concise manner when responding to questions. Keeps commitments/promises and responds quickly to inquiries with relevant information. Keep supervisor or appropriate associates informed of issues preventing payment to vendors.
- Teamwork – Takes time to help other team members, focuses energy on solving issues, works with team to manage own workload. Takes advantage of job opportunities/assignments to develop in-depth skills and knowledge and share own knowledge/lessons learned to build skills in co-workers
- Technical – Computer skills including, keyboard/ten-key, working knowledge MS Office, Strong Excel skills to support daily usage, ERP Experience
- Organizational Skills – Ability to file accurately. Consolidate information from multiple resources into a concise format to process and for others to view clearly. Possess strong time management skills.
- Attention to details a must.
RTC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.