- Perform Accounts Payable functions including input of invoices in an ERP system using three-way match procedures and processing in accordance to agreed terms. Verify payment authorization, code invoices, print and mail checks, process electronic payments and file paid invoices. Coordinate with third party freight audit and payment company to research and verify coding information on freight carrier invoices. Monitor vendor invoice discrepancies and guide Purchasing associates in the research and resolution process. Process employee expense reports including verifications of approvals and receipts and auditing for company policy compliance. Maintain records for vendor W9 forms and 1099 filing.
- Perform Accounts Receivable functions including conducting collection calls to clients, analyzing deductions, and outstanding invoices and preparing documentation supporting resolution. Process cash applications of client payments, prepare A/R aging reports using ERP system and Excel, monitor customer web portals, and prepare cash forecasts and reconciliations of customer data.
- Respond to requests from third-party auditors representing both customers and vendors including financial institutions, tax authorities and financial auditors.
Education: Associates degree in Accounting preferred
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements
- ERP experience preferred – Infor LN a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Communication – Listens to and accurately captures others’ expectations, ideas, and concerns. Can communicate professionally in a concise manner when responding to questions. Keeps commitments and responds quickly to inquiries with relevant information. Keeps supervisor or appropriate associates informed of issues preventing payment to vendors.
- Teamwork – Willingness to work collaboratively with other team members, focus energy on solving issues, work with team to manage workload. Takes advantage of job opportunities/assignments to improve skills and shares knowledge or lessons learned to build skills in co-workers.
- Technical – Mastery of computer skills including keyboard/ten-key, working knowledge of MS Office, strong Excel skills to support daily usage, and ERP experience.
- Organizational Skills – Able to consolidate information from multiple sources into a concise format. Possesses strong time management skills. Ability to file accurately.
- Delivers accurate work product with strong attention to details.
- Provides great customer service and develop good working relationships with internal and external customers.
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.
***Compensation is dependent on experience and based on internal grade scales and market data. The range for the position being offered is $42,143-$48,854***