Account Manager/ New Business Development (Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia)
- Continually keep up-to-date with RTC’s growing portfolio of products and services so that you can effectively and professionally communicate those assets to the market.
- Introduce all relevant products and services to your customers on a regular basis.
- Effectively balance the advocacy of your customers’ needs while insuring that RTC’s interests and goals are always maintained.
- Function as the primary conduit between your client and RTC. This includes guiding the communication flow between all external and internal resources.
- Work collaboratively with all support groups within RTC to optimize all phases of client deliverables.
- Develop customer approaches and presentations.
- Accurately and professionally prepare customer quotations and proposals.
- Guide the coordination of resources and information to develop quotations, bids, RFP’s and other documents that commit RTC to our customers.
- Participate in A/R collection if and when necessary and appropriate.
- Be a student of retail environments by reading relevant publications and visiting stores on a very regular basis.
- Contribute to corporate initiatives when circumstances call for it.
III SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Self-motivated with an urgency to continually generate future business.
- Strong Verbal and Written communications.
- Willingness and ability to function well under stressful customer circumstances.
- Must be willing to travel to clients for presentations, demonstrations and store visits for installs.
- Ability to switch between macro and micro issues.
- Daily use of Salesforce CRM.
- Willingness to be trained on a continual basis.
- Computer literate
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Financial literacy allowing you to understand costs, pricing.
Experience: Min 3-5 years of outside selling success, ideally in a team-based environment; related industry experience a plus.
Education: College degree preferred.
Skills: Reasoning ability, financial aptitude with an understanding of costs and pricing strategies, proven strength in written and verbal communication skills (customer focused) computer literacy and self starter. Must be able to travel.
RTC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical) and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC masters the design and detail of retail, helping brands and retailers improve the shopping experience and grow their bottom line. We design retail programs and environments, execute them globally, and build products that improve retail performance. We provide our clients a cohesive brand experience, expanded retail presence, and consistently better results at a lower total cost. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Vision Insurance
- Benefit Value Advisor and Member Rewards (through Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary to a max of $150K - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- Telecommuting Program (work remotely 1 day a week after 6 months)
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.