ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, architect, and participate in the implementation of new and existing technologies, services, and platforms supporting the corporate technology infrastructure.
- Anticipate and remediate issues, react to problems, and prioritize actions to maintain reliable technology infrastructure operations 24/7/365.
- Ensure high availability of the enterprise technology infrastructure, and assist with capacity planning and risk management activities including evaluating alternatives for resiliency and redundancy, and developing disaster recovery solutions.
- Design and support network and voice-over-IP infrastructure, including wide area and local area networks, MPLS, VPN, firewalls, switches, routers, and associated monitoring tools.
- Perform upgrades and patch management activities on a timely basis for critical technology infrastructure including firewalls, network devices, servers, storage devices, and VMWare.
- Tune and optimize performance, monitor and react to issues with technology assets, including servers and storage, local and wide area networks, operating systems, and application software.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for IT service providers.
- Monitor industry trends, identify opportunities to improve performance, reduce cost, simplify the environment, and/or reduce risk; make recommendations and prepare proposals and plans for implementation.
- Develop and document standards, policies, and procedures, and follow best practices for change management to ensure a stable predictable environment.
- Share knowledge and experience with other IT team members, and be willing to learn new things.
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technology-related degree, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience configuring, managing, supporting, monitoring, and maintaining multi-site enterprise TCP/IP networks, including MPLS, VPN, firewalls, VOIP, and wireless technologies.
- 3-5 years of experience administering and supporting VMWare virtualization solutions in an enterprise environment, including vCenter, HA, DRS, scripting, and disaster recovery.
- 3- 5 years of experience managing infrastructure for Microsoft Windows Server and SUSE Linux.
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server technology including Azure AD, Active Directory, DFS, DHCP, DNS, RDS, GPOs, PowerShell, software deployment tools, and security.
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience managing data storage environments, including SANs, provisioning LUNS, and real-time replication.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure security concepts, including Azure AD, Web Application Firewalls, penetration testing, vulnerability management, application code scanning, and data loss prevention.
- Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment.
- Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex challenges and deal with high pressure situations.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.
RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!
- Hybrid work from home program offered
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 16 PTO Days (full year)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Fun Friday Hours - get a head start on your weekend by leaving at 2:30 every Friday (year-round!)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events.
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at Rolling Meadows location.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.