RTC focuses on continual improvement, evolving our capabilities, and reinvesting in our business to deliver higher-performing solutions for our clients. Brands and retailers require more strategic thinking on the shopper experience, higher levels of innovation, a more effective process for managing customer-specific requirements, access to a broader array of manufactured solutions, and the capability to orchestrate a broader and more complex supply chain. RTC has the integrated capabilities and product development experience to solve these needs and provide you with solutions that help grow your business in retail. Learn more at http://www.rtc.com/.
Information about RTC and our benefits are listed here and details about the job opening are below.
Why should you consider a career at RTC?
- 401(K) Plan with company match (we also offer a Roth option!)
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (choose from two PPO plans and one HMO plan based on your deductible comfort level)
- Dental Insurance with two plan options (both PPO Plans)
- Flexible Spending for Health and/or Dependent Care
- Commuter Transit benefit
- Critical illness benefit
- Life Insurance (we cover 3 times your salary - you can purchase more)
- Short-Term Disability Coverage (we'll cover this for you too - you can choose to purchase long-term disability)
- 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- 17 PTO Days (full year)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plus company-sponsored volunteer events
- Business casual dress code (every day)
- PTO is encouraged not only for vacations but mental health breaks.
- Work/Life resources such as Legal, Financial, and Counseling are available through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Fitness Center available at Romeoville for all Plant Associates.
- Discounts to eligible fitness centers for associates enrolled with Blue Cross.
- Preventative Care is covered at 100% (annual check-ups and screenings).
- Lactation rooms are available for new mothers at both at all 3 plant locations.
- Annual flu clinic at Romeoville and Rolling Meadows for our associates and any dependents covered on our health plan. Flu shots are covered by insurance if the associate elects to go elsewhere.
Career Development & Training
We encourage your professional growth and development. We offer mentors with deep industry experience, and management who will assist you in defining and realizing your short and long-term career goals and a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
- Responsible for the performance of all warehousing activities across all facilities
- Oversee the Warehousing Supervision team and Cycle Counting team
- Monitor the productivity of material handlers picking warehouse orders using reporting from supervisors, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Work with the team to identify and solve issues using root cause analysis
- Oversee supervision of material handlers to both replenish and put away production material
- Work with CYC team to ensure quarterly/annual goals are met
- Monitor adjustments to temporary workforce as business needs dictate
- Will support and oversee special material movement projects as needed
- Will ensure standard procedures are followed by warehouse personnel and oversee progressive discipline as needed
- Monitor fleet to ensure vehicles are being properly allocated amongst buildings
- Work with vendors to maintain fleet
- Ensure constant and continuous training is provided to both Union and temporary material handlers
- Assist in monitoring and supporting payroll transactions as needed
- Confer with managers internally and externally to ensure coordination of other functions such as Production, Shipping, Account Services and Project management are all in alignment with dates and deliverables
- Create and promote continuous improvement initiatives that include developing processes, performance measurements, safety improvements and tracking metrics
- Responsible for being a 5S leader that is a strong advocate for safety
- Ensure all safety incidents are properly reported to EHS Manager and participate in any incident investigations
- Help to complete corrective actions that arise from Safety audits and inspections
- Work with EHS Manager to identify hazards and mitigate risk to Associate safety
- Ensure all compliance training is completed by required deadlines
- Promote adherence to all SWI/SOP developed and assist with creating updated SWI/SOP as needed
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports while focusing on behaviors which drive results
- Lead change through a positive and growth-oriented mindset
- Consistently spend time engaging with the team
- Promote RTC culture and values
- Active involvement in daily production meetings
- Responsible for recruiting new warehouse personnel
- Perform other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in operations management, inventory management, or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 10+ years of prior supervisory/management experience. Experience with working in a union workforce environment a plus.
- Experience in a large-scale, multiple-facility warehouse
- Strong leadership, communication and multitasking skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and have good follow-up skills.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience with barcode solutions in a warehouse and plant environment is a plus.
RTC is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, individuals of all ethnicities, people with disabilities (intellectual and physical), and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, religion or any other basis prohibited by law.